Rigaku Analytical Devices announces the launch of the handheld CQL Narc-ID 1064 nm Raman analyzer for the presumptive identification of narcotics, precursor chemicals, and cutting agents—even in non-visible amounts with the optional QuickDetect feature. Designed for counter-narcotics agencies, law enforcement, crime laboratories, prison facilities, customs agencies, or public safety efforts, the CQL Narc-ID can directly impact protecting communities from dangerous chemicals that currently pervade through the illicit drug supply market. The utilization of 1064 nm Raman technology means users can scan through translucent packaging and identify dirty or mixed substances at the point of need, a common issue for older Raman technology.
The CQL Narc-ID joins Rigaku’s portfolio of existing handheld 1064 nm Raman analyzers, including the CQL Max-ID and CQL Gen-ID. The Narc-ID is different in that it was developed specifically for narcotics analysis. Users benefit from a smaller, focused, specialized library, specialized algorithms with an optimized result output, and the ability to create PDF reports for evidentiary needs easily.
The on-board library contains an extensive list of narcotics, precursor chemicals, cutting agents, pharmaceuticals, steroids, and more. Users benefit from a library built and validated directly on the device rather than spectra purchased and imported from third parties. Users can access the latest cathinones, cannabinoids, fentanyls, opioids, tryptamines, amphetamines, nitazenes and more. Other features unique to the new CQL Narc-ID Raman analyzer include:
- Rapid results that are easy to interpret
- Identify bulk (with Raman) and trace levels of substances (with optional QuickDetect)
- Automated recipe monitoring with 4C Technology
- Ability to build and add user items with configurable library management
- Operate a streamlined GUI via button or touchscreen
- Add memos and pictorial evidence to PDF reports using on-board camera for traceability
- Transfer results via WiFi, USB, or Peer-to-Peer
- Compatible with Rigaku’s CommandSuite Fleet Management Software
- Certified environmental ruggedization with MIL-810G / IP-68 certification
- Long battery life of over 5 hours (also hot-swappable)
- 2 years of warranty coverage