IMA is a biannual series of conferences that started in 1999 and covers all areas of Chemical Analysis, including the development of new techniques, modern trends and applications in a wide range of scientific disciplines. To date many leading analytical chemists have presented their research at IMA meetings.
For the 11th IMA conference, it is our ambition to bring together some of the most talented and innovative analytical chemists from all over the world for an excellent scientific conference on the picturesque city of Ioannina.
The scientific program will consist of keynote lectures, oral and poster presentations, given by a wide mix of scientists ranging from established academics and world leaders in analytical chemistry, all the way through to dynamic and ambitious graduate students. In addition, we aim to attract contributions from commercial organizations, including presentations of new instrumentation, new applications and assessment of future commercial trends and opportunities.
Some of the general themes that will be covered at IMA-2019 include current trends, developments and applications in:
- Spectrochemical, Electrochemical, Chromatographic, Mass Spectrometric, Microscopic, Imaging and Thermal analysis methods,
- Proteomics, Metabolomics, Metallomics and Elemental Speciation Analysis
- Chemical- and bio- sensors
- Field analysis - Mobile analytical instruments
- Miniaturized analytical systems (Lab-on-a-Chip), micro- and nano- fluidics
- Immunoassays, Electrophoretic separation techniques
- Robotics and Automation, Quality control-quality assurance in analysis, Metrology
- Data processing and Chemometrics
- Aerosol Metrology, Environmental, Biomedical (Eco-toxicological, Clinical), Pharmaceutical, Food, and Materials Analysis (Nanomaterials, Smart/ Advanced Materials, Surface Analysis), as well as Archaeometry
- Analytical chemistry markets and possibilities for commercialization.