The Chemometrics Tools for Process Monitoring School will covers the basis of process monitoring and how to approach this task. Attention will be devoted to the industrial context at a complexity level which requires a multivariate approach to statistical process control to gain insight into process dynamic.
The course will cover:
- The basis of Principal Component Analysis (PCA) and Partial Least Squares Regression (PLS) as an optional day (19 February) for those who are not familiar with these methods
- The basic concept of classical control chart methodology
- How to obtain and use Multivariate Control Charts(MCC)
- Illustrate the case of continuous and batch processes with its own peculiarities with respect to process understanding, monitoring and fault detection
- Present and Discuss case study applications