A. Roque, I. Ponte and P. Suau look at “Infrared spectroscopy of nucleoprotein complexes”. The advantages of IR spectroscopy have allowed them to determine the structure of linker histones and protamines as they interact with DNA. Linker histones are involved with the condensation of the thick chromatin fibre and are believed to have a regulatory role in transcription through the modulation of chromatin higher order structure.
“Measuring brain activity using functional near infrared spectroscopy: a short review” by Felix Scholkmann and Martin Wolf looks at the various methods for performing fNIRS and some applications that demonstrate why this non-invasive, safely applicable, portable and cost-effective method is now an integral part of the techniques used in neuroscience.
Raman spectroscopy is used to monitor the iodine value of algal-derived fish feed for its lipid content and to monitor algae samples for biofuel production.
It is possible to obtain both infrared spectra and thermal analysis data of individual layers in a cross-sectioned multilayer film. Since both techniques are AFM-based, the topographical features can be readily linked to the spectroscopic and thermal data at a much higher spatial resolution than previously achievable.
- Local vs global climate change—investigation of dust from deep ice cores
- Fireworks: composition and chemistry through Raman spectroscopy and SEM-EDS imaging
- Terahertz spectroscopy’s application to protein chemistry
- On-chip chemical fingerprinting of an analyte using both Raman spectroscopy and fluorescence
Page 3 of 35
View this Free Webinar
- Mass spectrometry investigations of nanoparticles by tandem charge detection mass spectrometry (5 from 9 votes)
- New bulk analysis spectroscopy technique (5 from 6 votes)
- Raman for diabetes monitoring (5 from 6 votes)
- The First Spectroscopic Measurement of an Anti-Atom (5 from 5 votes)
- Fluorescence eye test reveals neurological diseases in livestock (5 from 4 votes)
Gujarathi Dipak B. saidSir,
This is an excellent appl... 9 months ago
Rakesh Kanda saidDr Alfonso,
Matrix suppression is ... 1 year ago
Dr Robson JCF Afonso saidDear Authors,
As you sad atmospheric... 1 year ago
Dr Robson JCF Afonso saidI am glad to hearing someone question... 2 years ago
Peter Jenks saidThat is a reason I\'d overlooked - po... 2 years ago
No current events.
- Atomic absorption
- Atomic emission
- Ion mobility
- Laser spectroscopy
- Mass spectrometry
- Near infrared
- NMR ESR EPR
- Related equipment
- RMs and standards
- Sample prep
- Separation science
- Surface analysis
- X-ray spectrometry